- The ALS provides opportunities for individuals to develop themselves as functional members of the community and for the community itself to become self-reliant.
For the learners –
- absolutely no fees, only commitment and determination to learn are necessary.
- flexible learning – self paced
- multiple entries and exits increased access to learning resources and materials
- acquisition of basic life skills
For others who have a stake on ALS –
- opportunity to take part in community development activities
- professional growth
- linkage with other organizations and agencies.